Flavored Vodka

No Comment - Post a comment

Ingredients

  • 3 cups (700 ml) to 4 cups (950 ml) fruit
  • 1 lemon or lime, peel only
  • 1-3/4 liters inexpensize vodka
Preparation
  • All you do is take 3 to 4 cups (950 ml) of fruit, the peel of a lemon or lime (I use a stripper and get nice long curls of it) which helps draw the flavors out of the fruit.
  • Put them in a gallon sized jar (I use a nice glass one so I can watch the progress) and cover with about 1.75 liters of fairly inexpensive vodka.
  • Place the lid on and let them sit, turning the jar every day when you pass by, for about 3 to 4 weeks.
  • Then strain out the berries with cheesecloth and bottle the vodka.
  • It can be stored at room temperature, or in the freezer.
  • It's great for making Raspberry Lime Rickies (vodka, club soda, ice and a lime wedge) in the summer!
Comments
I have been making flavored vodka with raspberries and blackberries. You can use any kind of fruit, but this is what I have tried so far.

I think I am going to keep making these all through the fall with other kinds of fruits. Meyer lemons would be great if I could find some. Well, I hope others might try this! I used to hate drinking vodka, but now it's pretty neat!

 
This Post has No Comment Add your own!

Post a Comment